Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Some Random Mt. Hood Fish Pictures:

I did some more fishing over the last few days, but didn't want to spend the time taking lots of photographs. I know that not taking photos goes against everything I stand for, but I wasn't interested in scenery shots or ones of every single fish I caught. However, I took a couple photos from a few places in and around the area. Below are some of them:

Displaying photo1.jpg

This nice native Cutthroat above was caught in one of the nearby ponds in Government Camp. It was my first strike of the day, and I had to lob the fish over a pile of weeds so as not to lose it.

Displaying photo2.jpg

I also caught this small female Brook Trout in the same pond. I don't remember that many details about the catch itself, but it was still a nice fish. I think I caught it on a size 14 Purple Haze.

Displaying photo3.jpg

This picture ticked me off. Although the fish was a beautiful male Brook Trout in spawning coloration, it got ruined because of the inept capabilities of my camera phone. I had the picture perfectly focused and aligned, but the camera shifted as I took the photo and I ended up with a blurry picture. It was still a nice fish, though.

Displaying photo4.jpg

The day after, we headed to the Deschutes for a one-night float trip. The Deschutes is an incredible river, worthy of its own blog. A few years ago, I figured out how to catch the native trout there (see the post http://mthoodfishing.blogspot.com/2013/11/de-aaaaaaschooooooutes.html). Since then, I have gotten better and better at understanding the river and its prized native fish. The fish above is not one of those. While waiting to self-shuttle, I did a few casts around the Buckhollow boat ramp. Not many fishermen think to cast around the boat ramp areas, but they can often produce easy to access trout in a river notorious for being difficult to access. In addition, there are always lots of people to show off your catch to. However, the boat dock had nothing but chubs, and I caught three or four of them. However, there were many people present and it was likely that some may have mistaken them for trout from the distance.

Displaying photo5.jpg

Now we're talking. This chunky little redside took a small nymph drifted through a set of riffles, and was the first of six. However, I almost lost my phone in the current after taking this picture, so I didn't want to risk it with any other fish.

That concludes the random fish picture anthology. Now to get some sleep so as to have the energy to make a real post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment